In this course you will learn about:
Topic A: Area of Triangles, Quadrilaterals, and Polygons
- Find the area of parallelograms.
- Find the area of right triangles.
- Find the area of acute triangles using height and base.
- Find the area of any triangle using height and base.
- Find the area of polygons using composition and decomposition.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area of polygons.
Topic B: Polygons in the Coordinate Plane
- Find volume of rectangular prisms with whole number and fractional edge lengths using unit and fractional unit cubes.
- Determine the formulas for finding volume of rectangular prisms and use the formulas to solve for volume.
- Apply volume concepts to solve real-world and mathematical problems, including finding missing measurements.
- Apply volume concepts to solve real-world and mathematical problems, including finding volume of figures with composite prisms.